New Additions for 2022
We now have x2 new Fisher and Paykel fridges for the Kitchen and members fridge in the TV Room! These had to be purchased as the old ones were unable to reach cold enough temperatures that were required under the food act. We also have installed a Electrolux Steriliser for the dishes!! This should greatly reduce the time spent on dishes to ensure people can get back to skiing after meals.
It is important that you are aware of the Whakapapa carparking rules and how the carparks work. Linked below is a RMCA document outlining the details of the parking system and agreement. Also linked is the carparking map for clubbies. Any number in RED is an allocated club carpark location. If you park anywhere else overnight you will be towed!
Rangatira Express Foot Traffic
Following a trial created for the 2019 season, RAL have amended the rules regarding uphill travel on the lift. Previously there was no casual foot traffic on the Rangatira outside of the designated hours of 4-4:30pm and 8-8:30pm during night skiing. The new rules from RAL are:
- If the lift has maintenance/lift/patrol clearance they will be happy to load club members from 8.45am to 9am. Within reason, they will load bags and foot passengers.
- All chairs carrying foot passengers will need to be stopped so this will need to be managed.
- They will repeat the process again with gear and foot passengers from 3.45pm to closing at 4pm.
- During the rest of the normal operating time during the day access will require ski/board passengers only with one bag that needs to be managed & carried by the individual.
- All guests regardless of times will require passes.
- Over & above normal club members, should any of the custodians require some stores to be moved (once again within reason) then they will be happy to try and accommodate this. Ideally to bracket this in that 8.45am to 9am slot.
Our Custodians know who to contact about this. As with anything else on the mountain this is obviously dictated by the weather so don’t expect a lift up if its a blizzard and the chair is already shut down for the night. Please also respect the staff and their decisions, this expectation was set out in the original trial and we don’t want anyone to jeopardize the system for all the other clubs on the field.
Check out our Facebook Page – Ski Racers – Ski Club
There’s a growing number of Club photos plus news and updates from members. Go ahead and like us too! Click the link above.
Ski Racers Ski Club is a family friendly club, conveniently located halfway up the first chair on Whakapapa. To learn more, check out our website